Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Friday 6 July 2012

Flax 'Chapatis' - 6th July 2012 by Linda Graham

Went to bed a little earlier last night, managed to change the bed yesterday so had a much more comfortable nights sleep.  Got up at 9 am and feel much better.   Still getting hot flushes but brain fog has gone, which is great, I can now concentrate to do surveys etc.   Planning another easy day today, apart from 20 mins Callanetics I've not much else planned.  Today's menu I will be making up as I go along. apart from breakfast I've no idea what to have.

B: flax pancakes, blueberries & blackberries & lactofree cream
L: 6 Nairn's Oatcakes, lf spread & lf cheese.   Peanuts
D: Loin pork chops & salad.  Microwave low carb sponge.

I've just been experimenting and I've managed to make flax 'chapatis'  Will have one with my tea tonight and keep the other for breakfast.

Flax 'Chapatis'

 

 

 





1/2 cup of ground flax (I use Linwoods which I get from Sainsbury's)
1/2 tsp oil
water
Almond Flour


In a bowl place the ground flax and mix in the oil.  Add water until it forms a dough.   On a clean surface sprinkle some ground almond flour.  Divide dough into two balls.  With a floured (almond flour) rolling pin roll out one dough ball until it is a chapati/flat bread shape.    Heat a griddle/chapati pan.  Place chapati on pan cook on one side for  2-3 mins turn over and cook other side.  Repeat with second dough ball.





No comments:

Post a Comment