Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Chilli Meat Loaf - Wednesday 22 August 2012

B: Fried Egg and 3 rashers of bacon.
L:
D: 3 chicken drumsticks and roasted green beans. Blueberries & cream

Callanetics: 30 mins

Not too sure what I'm having for the rest of today's meals.   Not had much spare housekeeping money so a bit down on low carb stuff at the moment.  Will have to see what is left when lunchtime comes around.  I'm thinking of making an Indian omelette but there are only 3 eggs left and someone else may get there before me. 

I got library books out whilst the Olympics were on to give me something to do.   Once I get into reading everything else goes by the wayside.   Last night I decided I'd wasted enough time and had to get back to work.   Today I need to get containers cleaned and ready for a bilberry picking tomorrow, pick blueberries (got a really good crop this year) from plants on patio,  sort out ironing pile (OH puts everything on there even if it doesn't need ironing), do callentics, make evening meal which is Lasagne for the rest of family.  I still need to take photos for ebay listings, change the beds, hoover and clean the bathrooms, and bake.   Here is a recipe I am thinking of making in the next week or two

Chilli Meat Loaf

2 tbsp butter                                                                             2tsp cumin
1 medium onion                                                                       4 tomatoes sliced
1 red pepper sliced (optional)                                                1lb minced beef
2 tsp crushed garlic                                                                  1/2lb minced pork
2 fresh jalepeno peppers, diced (optional)                             2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbp chilli powder                                                                   40z grated cheese
2 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano                                                                          Serves 10

Pre-heat oven to 350F

In a frying pan, melt the butter and saute the onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapenos, chilli powder, salt, oregano and cumin.  Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes ( I think I may try tinned tomatoes for this) and cook another 10 minutes.  Remove from the heat and cool.
Combine the mince beef and mince pork.  Add cooked mixture, plus the eggs.  Press into a large loaf tin (11/2- 2lb size).  
Bake for 50 minutes.  Pour of excess juices.  Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts.

I intend to substitute the peppers and jalapeno's for other vegetables ie. carrots as foods from  the nightshade family give me pain and inflammation of the joints.
 
9g Carbs per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment