Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Saturday 25 August 2012

Chocolate Truffles - Saturday 25 August 2012

B: flax muesli with 6 raisins added.
L:Spam & stir fried cabbage.  Peanuts. 1 square 81% chocolate
D:Prawn curry and vegetable bhaji.  Low carb microwave sponge.

Dinner today depends on what I find on offer at Lidl.

I have set myself the task of changing one single bed.  I intend to use remainder of day to rest as last two days have been fairly active for me.

Chocolate Truffles

1/4 cup double cream                                                4tbsp butter at room temperature
2tbsp Grand Marnier or other liqeur                        Unsweetened cocoa
6oz 70% chocolate chips 


Carefully boil cream in a small pan until reduced by half.  Remove from heat, and stir in Grand Marnier and chocolate chips.  Stir until chocolate melts.

Stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until well blended.  Pour into a shallow bowl, and refrigerate until firm.

Shape chocolate mixture into 24 (1inch) balls, and roll balls in unsweetened cocoa.  Store in the refrigerator.  Bring to room temperature and serve.

5g Carbs per truffle 

No comments:

Post a Comment