Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Thursday 30 August 2012

Nut Clusters - Thursday 30 August 2012





B: Fried egg and 2 rashers of bacon
L: 2 Pork Burgers with stir fried cabbage
D: Chilli meat loaf, cauliflower cheese & green beans.  Blueberries & cream.


The chilli meat loaf last night was delicious and I will be making it again.  As you can see there is enough for two meals.     I had some pork mince left over so made pork burgers with them, using an egg and some ground flax to bind them together.

Made 5lb of Bilberry jam too.  It looks and tastes lovely (only tasted whilst testing for setting point).

Nut Clusters

2 cups of dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate broken into small pieces.
1 cup of nuts.
1/2 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut.

Melt chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.  Stir to combine.  Add nuts and coconut, and stir until well blended.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper or foil.  Cool.

12g carb per serving.  Makes 24.

Not as low carb as some recipes but a nice low carbish treat for special occasions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment