Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Friday 31 August 2012

Chocolate Cheese Balls! - Friday 31 August 2012

B: 3 sausages & half tin tomatoes
L: 2 boiled eggs.  3 squares from carob bar.
D: Ham salad.  Blueberries & Cream

I am going away for a few days tomorrow so I will resume posting as soon as I get back. We are going to Scotland and it will be the first time we have been away by ourselves for over 10 years.    The hotel is beside a loch and looks absolutely beautiful.  Looking forward to a relaxing few days.  The hotel provides bed & breakfast so I have got together some low carb snacks I can use for lunchtimes. These include, pork curls, peanuts, pistachios and of course chocolate (as a treat).  

Today I intend to spend getting myself ready by conditioning, moisturising etc.   Still need to do Callanetics before I go.


Chocolate Cheese Ball

8oz cream cheese, softened                                    2 tbs brown sugar (optional)
1/2 cup butter, softened                                           3/4 cup 70% chocolate chips
1/4 tsp vanilla extract                                               3/4 cup of nuts
1/4 cup sugar  (sugar substitute can be used)

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.  Gradually add the sugars; beat until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  

Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.  Line a tray with greaseproof paper.  Shape mixture into small balls and place on paper.  Refrigerate for at least a hour.

Just before serving, roll each cheese ball in nuts.

3g Carbs - I intend making this without using sugar so I guess the carbs will be less.

No comments:

Post a Comment