Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Monday 14 January 2013

Weight Gain - Monday 14 January

Discovered I'd gained another llb this weekend :(   Both girls are now back at Uni so hopefully I will be able to give my full attention to losing weight.    Started again in earnest on Saturday after a terrible week of eating rubbish.   Decided the only way forward was to stop eating chocolate altogether until I get things back under control.  It is DS birthday next week(he wants to go to an Indian Restaurant), so if I can make it 'til then without chocolate I intend to reward myself with Curry and RICE.   Since starting low carbing I've only had rice twice and it is something I really miss.   I've also been drinking more which I think is helping.


Sunday's Menu

B: Flax, blueberries & cream
L: Pork chop, mashed celeriac, carrots, cabbage, sprouts & cauliflower
T: 1 slice ham, 2 hard boiled eggs & salad.  Peanuts


Monday's Menu

B: Scrambled egg, 1 sausage, 1 bacon
L: Lamb chop, cabbage & roasted green beans
D:  Bolognese on a bed of cabbage.

Callanetics; 40 mins


Had a run in with Tesco last week re stocking lactofree products.  After several emails to Head Office and them indicating if I had any trouble to ask for the Duty Manager.  The week before Christmas when I was doing my Christmas shop I could not find any Lactofree products.  After emailing Head Office I was informed they had been moved to a different aisle.  Last week I went looking for Lactofree hard cheese, couldn't find it so asked an assistant working on that aisle.  I was told it had been discontinued.  I decided to ask for the Duty Manager after I'd finished my shopping.  At the Customer Services desk  I was told the Duty Manager was not available but if I gave them the details they would get back to me.   Two days later I received a phone call confirming the cheese had been discontinued due to lack of demand.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who buys this product but I think due to Tesco's inconsistency  in maintaining supplies people have gone elsewhere.  I have decided to do the same, so tomorrow when I do the weekly shop I will be boycotting Tesco.  I have been buying more and more in discounts shops such as Aldi and Lidl anyway so I think I can survive without Tesco.

No comments:

Post a Comment